Carnival Cruise Line recently updated their Hub app, and with it came a new offering to make ordering pizza onboard easier. The cruise line is piloting a new program that allows guests to order pizza anywhere on the ship via their smartphone app. The cost is $5 per pizza and is automatically charged to guests’ Sail & Sign shipboard accounts.
How It Works
- Open the Hub app (which needs to be downloaded before you cruise)
- Choose the pizza button on the home screen
- Tell them where you are (Example: deck 5, Pig and Anchor bar)
- Pick the type of pizza you’d like
- Confirm purchase and click ‘Buy Now’
The app will give you an estimated time of delivery and is linked to your Sign & Sail account so you do not have to enter any payment information. If you’re in a crowded area and worried they might not easily find you, the app also allows you to take a selfie to help the delivery person spot you.
Complimentary pizza is still available round-the-clock at Pizzeria del Capitano. Ordering from the Hub app is only a way to make it more convenient, especially if you don’t feel like waiting in line during prime pizza time.
Types of Pizza Available
- Four Cheese
Testing It Out
We were onboard Carnival Horizon during the first round of trials. How well would the delivery service work? We decided the give it a try by ordering a pie while sitting at the Pig & Anchor bar. After following the simple directions, we placed an order at 3:44 p.m.
How quickly did it arrive? In less than 10 minutes we were greeted by a uniformed worker who pulled our pizza out of an insulated delivery box. It came with a side of red peppers, cheese, and oregano. It was piping hot. About 10 minutes after the pizza was delivered, a notification popped up asking if we’d like to tip the delivery person. They gave an option of tipping $1, $2, $3, or “other.” Overall, this was a win.
This is still very much in the early testing stages and only being tested on Carnival Horizon.
- Why You Shouldn’t Let Yourself Be Cruise Shamed
- Popular Shore Excursion Seller Closes Door
- Celebrity Edge Photo Tour
- How to Make a Cucumber Sunrise on Carnival Cruise Line [VIDEO]
- Saudi Arabia Buys Stake in Carnival Corporation
- CDC Releases New Cruise Ship Guidelines
- Cruise Line to Resume Sailing in Time for Mother’s Day
- Cruise Podcast: Going to the Cruise Ship Graveyard with Peter Knego
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of March 29, 2020
- Princess Cruise Ship Back in Florida; Docks in PortMiami