On Saturday, Celebrity Cruises’ ship Celebrity Eclipse set sail from Sydney, marking the return of the cruise line’s passenger voyages from Australia.
Guests on board Eclipse are now on a 12-night itinerary to explore the scenic wilderness of New Zealand. This cruise is the first of 17 sailings departing Sydney and Auckland through April 2023, and the first for Celebrity Eclipse in Australian, New Zealand, and South Pacific waters.
“The return Down Under has been long-awaited but someday has finally arrived! Celebrity Eclipse is the first Celebrity ship to sail this region for 930 days – a momentous occasion for the brand and our team members who have worked so hard to get to this point; and the first of many WonderFULL sailings ahead,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises. “Returning to this region is another significant milestone in the industry’s global recovery, as we sail forward into a bright future.”
MORE: MSC Cruises Announces Name of Its Largest-Ever U.S. Based Ship
Highlights of Celebrity Cruises’ 2022-2023 season Down Under include:
- Discover the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef from above and below with a choice of multiple exceptional experiences from privately chartered yachts to scenic helicopter rides.
- Savor some of the country’s most revered wines poured by the winemakers themselves during the first-ever Australian food and wine itinerary to Melbourne, Adelaide, and Hobart.
- Enjoy a new overnight opportunity in Hobart, Cairns, and Adelaide to experience the vibrant nightlife in each of these capital cities.
- Stay longer in port with 8 pm departures from popular destinations such as Melbourne, Brisbane, and Christchurch.
- The popular Auckland to Fiji voyage makes a comeback, departing for the first time in January, and providing New Zealand guests the opportunity to enjoy this much-loved cruise for the holiday season.
- Three South Pacific Island itineraries taking guests to some of the world’s most beautiful islands.
- A new transpacific sailing at the end of the season seamlessly transports guests between Sydney and Honolulu and crosses the international dateline.
Celebrity Eclipse features 21 restaurants and bars, The Retreat ship-within-a-ship area, and a variety of treatments at The Spa. It is also one of the only cruise ships in the world to feature a half an acre of real lawn grass at The Lawn Club. This space allows passengers to play outdoor games, watch a movie, enjoy live music, and just relax.