Many cruise lines have taken the industry shutdown as a prime opportunity to move their vessels to shipyards for refurbishments — many that were going to take place last year or in the near future anyway.
Celebrity Cruises is one of those lines, and has announced that its Solstice-class ship, Celebrity Eclipse, has just emerged from a minor branding refurbishment.
The ship did not go into the shipyard for a major interior renovation. Instead, the change is evident even from a vantage point off the ship — it received a brand new paint job. The hull has gone from Celebrity’s old standard of white to the deep blue that can already be found on some other recently renovated ships, as well as the line’s newest vessels, Celebrity Edge and Apex.
Before the industry shutdown in March 2020, Celebrity Eclipse was operating cruises around South America, with plans to cruise Alaska in the summer before the entire year of cruising ended up being canceled in North America.
As of right now, the ship is scheduled to operate cruises in Alaska this summer (if the Alaska season can be salvaged) and then reposition to Australia and New Zealand for the fall and winter season.
- Cruise Podcast: Majestic Princess Review + News
- Brazil Prepares to Welcome Cruise Ships Back in November
- Carnival Radiance Sails To North America, Starts Cruising December 13
- Cruise News Today — October 22, 2021 [VIDEO]
- 5 Incredible Places to See on a St. Petersburg, Russia Cruise
- Former Cruise Ship Now Home To World’s Largest Floating Nightclub
- Disney to Debut ‘Wish’ Themed Thanksgiving Day Parade Float
- Cruise Line Sails From Port Everglades For The First Time
- Cruise News Today — October 21, 2021 [VIDEO]
- New Residence Cruise Ship Adds Deck, Includes Remote Work Space, Pet Areas