Norwegian Cancels More Cruises
Norwegian Cruise Line has announced that all sailings will be canceled through March. Previously, the line had suspended cruises through that month on all but three ships — Norwegian Encore, Escape, and Joy. Now, those voyages are canceled too.
Norwegian has not yet indicated which ships in its fleet will resume sailing first.
New Disney Wish Detail Revealed
Disney Cruise Line has released a new sneak peek video on its upcoming ship, Disney Wish, which reveals some details about its atrium, called the Grand Hall.
The Grand Hall will be designed to reflect the beauty of a storybook castle, which makes perfect sense since the video also revealed what the iconic statue inside will be — Cinderella.
Disney Wish is set to debut in summer 2022.
German Line Cancels Voyages Over Cybersecurity Issue
German line AIDA Cruises has canceled its New Year’s Eve sailings aboard AIDAperla and AIDAmar due to cybersecurity issues.
Bild, a German newspaper, reported that the line is facing IT issues both on the ships as well as at its headquarters. It also reported that the ships’ boarding pass card system is not functioning.
AIDAperla is set to resume sailing on January 2, followed by AIDAmar on January 3.
Closing Bell for Tuesday, December 29, 2020
- CCL (Carnival Corporation): $21.43 down 1.2%
- RCL (Royal Caribbean Group): $71.60 down 1.7%
- NCL (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings): $25.39 down 1/2%
Watch News Briefs
- Cruise Podcast: Majestic Princess Review + News
- Brazil Prepares to Welcome Cruise Ships Back in November
- Carnival Radiance Sails To North America, Starts Cruising December 13
- Cruise News Today — October 22, 2021 [VIDEO]
- 5 Incredible Places to See on a St. Petersburg, Russia Cruise
- Former Cruise Ship Now Home To World’s Largest Floating Nightclub
- Disney to Debut ‘Wish’ Themed Thanksgiving Day Parade Float
- Cruise Line Sails From Port Everglades For The First Time
- Cruise News Today — October 21, 2021 [VIDEO]
- New Residence Cruise Ship Adds Deck, Includes Remote Work Space, Pet Areas