Norwegian Cancels More Cruises
Norwegian Cruise Line has announced that all sailings will be canceled through March. Previously, the line had suspended cruises through that month on all but three ships — Norwegian Encore, Escape, and Joy. Now, those voyages are canceled too.
Norwegian has not yet indicated which ships in its fleet will resume sailing first.
New Disney Wish Detail Revealed
Disney Cruise Line has released a new sneak peek video on its upcoming ship, Disney Wish, which reveals some details about its atrium, called the Grand Hall.
The Grand Hall will be designed to reflect the beauty of a storybook castle, which makes perfect sense since the video also revealed what the iconic statue inside will be — Cinderella.
Disney Wish is set to debut in summer 2022.
German Line Cancels Voyages Over Cybersecurity Issue
German line AIDA Cruises has canceled its New Year’s Eve sailings aboard AIDAperla and AIDAmar due to cybersecurity issues.
Bild, a German newspaper, reported that the line is facing IT issues both on the ships as well as at its headquarters. It also reported that the ships’ boarding pass card system is not functioning.
AIDAperla is set to resume sailing on January 2, followed by AIDAmar on January 3.
Closing Bell for Tuesday, December 29, 2020
- CCL (Carnival Corporation): $21.43 down 1.2%
- RCL (Royal Caribbean Group): $71.60 down 1.7%
- NCL (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings): $25.39 down 1/2%
Watch News Briefs
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Senators Launch ‘CRUISE Act’ Bill To Override CDC, Return Cruising By July 2021
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies