Norwegian Cancels More Cruises, Delays Restart For Five Ships
Just a day after canceling cruises on Norwegian Pearl and Getaway, Norwegian Cruise Line has axed more voyages and delayed restarts for other ships.
Norwegian Pearl’s next cruise, a three-night Bahamas itinerary, has now been canceled.
As well, Norwegian Jade’s Middle East and Europe cruises have been canceled through the end of March. The ship is next scheduled to cruise on March 30.
Norwegian Cruise Line has also delayed the scheduled restart for five of its ships — Norwegian Sky, Star, Sun, and Spirit, as well as Hawaii-based ship Pride of America.
Regent Seven Seas Alters World Cruise Itinerary
On Tuesday evening, guests set to embark on a 120-night world cruise aboard Regent’s Seven Seas Mariner on Wednesday learned that the itinerary was being massively altered.
Instead of sailing to more exotic ports, the cruise has now been divided into four segments from Miami that will mostly visit ports in the Caribbean and Latin America.
Those who go forward with the new itinerary will receive a 30 percent refund. Passengers can also opt to do a partial sailing and receive a partial refund, or cancel the booking entirely and receive a full refund.
This world cruise started at $78,000 per person.
Royal Caribbean Extends Face Mask Policy, Casino Smoking Ban
Royal Caribbean has extended its face mask policy for all guests indoors through January 31, 2022.
Previously, the line had updated its policy on December 17, which was set to run through January 5.
All passengers must wear a face mask in indoor public areas, regardless of whether they’re in a venue designated as being for vaccinated guests only.
In line with this rule extension, Royal has extended its ban on smoking in the casino through January 31 as well.
Cruise Radio News Brief [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Carnival Magic Review 
- Norwegian Cruise Line Reduces ‘Free At Sea’ Perks
- New Royal Caribbean Ship Features Southern Dining, 20+ Restaurants
- Uncertain Future For Crystal Cruises as Parent Company Sinks Under Debt
- Holland America Extends Cancellation Policy through September 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 19, 2022 [VIDEO]