On the 2nd day of Christmas my true love gave to me: 2 stunning new cruise ships. What better way to celebrate the New Year than with new cruise ships? Here are 2 ships that will keep the wonder and joy of the season all year long in 2017.
1. MSC Meraviglia
Wonder. That’s what Meraviglia means in Italian. According to MSC’s website, wonder “is the feeling of being amazed when we see something new, extraordinary or unimaginable.” In other words, this new ship is going to be wonderful.
When MSC Meraviglia launches next summer, she’ll immediately sail away with new records: the largest ship ever built by a European company, and the largest passenger capacity at sea with 5,700 guest capacity.
Check out some of the wonderful features of MSC Meraviglia:
- Entertainment headlined by Cirque du Soleil at sea, who will perform six nights a week in the Carousel Lounge
- Mediterranean-style indoor promenade featuring an LED ‘sky’ with shops, bars, and restaurants
- 12 restaurants, including fine dining Kaito Sushi Bar, Kaito Teppanyaki, and a steakhouse
- Indoor amusement park and outdoor water park
- Cutting-edge wristband technology for onboard purchases and appointments
- One of the largest pools at sea, influenced by Miami’s South Beach
2. Norwegian Joy
Joy is defined as “a feeling of great pleasure and happiness.” If just being on a cruise ship brings joy, imagine how it feels to be on the brand new Norwegian Joy in 2017. To sail on this new ship, you’ll need to first buy a plane ticket and pack your passport; it’s setting sail exclusively for China, homeporting in Shanghai and Tianjin.
The 3,900 passengers on this sister ship to Norwegian Escape can expect to find fun and cutting-edge features:
- Open-air laser tag and a 2-level racetrack (the first at sea) featuring electric race cars
- The Haven, with an Observation Deck that offers views normally reserved just for the ship’s officers in the bridge
- The Galaxy Pavilion, home to games and virtual reality simulators
- Multi-level water slides: The Double Aqua Loop and The Aqua Racer
- 29 restaurants including familiar favorites (Manhattan Room, Food Republic, La Cucina, Le Bistro and Cagney’s Steakhouse) and new options (Sakura & Hibiscus, American Diner and the Grand Tea Room)
These are only 2 of the many new ships expected to launch in 2017, which should be an exciting year to set sail. Which brand-new cruise ship trip is on your Christmas wish list?
- Final Countdown: Will The CDC Lift The Ban On Cruise Ships?
- Alaska Inside Passage Cruises: What You Need to Know
- The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
- Norwegian Cruise Line Releases 2023 Itineraries, Latitudes Offer
- Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021
- Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
- Do I Need A Passport To Cruise?
- When is the Best Time To Cruise Alaska?
- What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
- Princess Cruises Sells Two Cruise Ships
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Cruise Lines Submit Plan to CDC For Safe Return To Cruising
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021