Subscribe to Cruise Radio News Daily Updates.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Carnival Corporation has launched a tenth cruise brand called fathom. The brand category, which they’re calling social impact travel, will offer an impactful travel experience and work alongside locals to tackle community needs.
Fathom is purposed built, starting with one ship, and allowing guests to immerse themselves in local culture and economic development.
Based out of Miami with a 700-passenger cruise ship, the first destination will be the Puerto Plata region of the Dominican Republic. This area is known for both beauty and poverty. Which is where fathom steps in.
On this show we talk to
- Arnold Donald, CEO of Carnival Corporation
- Tara Russell, President of fathom
- Stewart Chiron the Cruise Guy
- Nancy Schretter, Family Travel Network
- James Shillinglaw, TravelPulse.com
- Ben Souza, Cruise Fever
Support our Sponsors
- Cruising Excursions, offering over 12,000 cruise excursions in over 500 ports. Plan your next shore excursion with CruisingExcursions.com.
- TripInsurance.com, offering three different travel insurance plans – good, better and best – one plan for every budget. Get your free quote at on the upper right side of our website or at TripInsurance.com.