If you’re looking for some private space on Holland America Line and Carnival Cruise Line’s private island Half Moon Cay, you have several options.
The Bahamian paradise, also known as Little San Salvador Island, offers Beach Villas, Cabanas, and Clamshell Sunshades for rent. There’s also the largest rentable building at the private destination: the Private Oasis.
Here, we’ll break down what each of these rentals include, how many people they can accommodate, and how much they cost.
Note: If you want to rent one of these buildings, it’s strongly encouraged to do so in advance as they often sell out ahead of the cruise. Then when you board your ship, you can report to the excursions desk to choose which cabana or villa you specifically want.
- Snacks such as chips, dip, and fresh fruit
- Water and soda
- An air conditioner
- Ceiling fan
- Misting outdoor shower
- Use of floating mats and snorkel equipment
Cabanas cost $360 and can accommodate 4 people. They can hold up to 6 people for an extra fee per additional person. The island has 15 Cabanas and they are located down the main beach past Captain Morgan’s pirate ship bar, interspersed among the Beach Villas which are detailed below.
Beach Villas Include:
- Everything that a Cabana does plus a five-person hot tub
A Beach Villa costs $600 and can accommodate 8 people. It can hold up to 18 people for an extra fee per additional person. There are five Beach Villas at Half Moon Cay. As mentioned, they are located down the beach past Captain Morgan’s Bar.
The Private Oasis Includes:
The Private Oasis includes everything a cabana rental does except a refrigerator and a ceiling fan. It also includes these additional features:
- A barbecue lunch
- Beer, wine, and tropical cocktails
- An eight-person hot tub
- Men’s and women’s restrooms
- Heated indoor and outdoor showers
- A privacy gate
- Personal chef
- Dining table and chairs
- Cabana steward
The Private Oasis costs $1,596 and can accommodate 12 people. It can hold up to 24 people for an extra fee per additional person. The Private Oasis is located on the peninsula where the tender boats dock, to the left of the main beach.
Clamshell Sunshades Include:
- Two lounge chairs
A Note About Dining
With the exception of the Private Oasis with its barbecue lunch prepared by a professional chef, the private cabanas and the beach villas only include snacks and not a full meal. When it comes time for lunch, head over to the covered barbecue buffet for hot dogs, jerk chicken, burgers, and a variety of sides and desserts.
READ NEXT: What’s Included in an Amber Cove Cabana?
- Former Carnival Cruise Ship Now Sails With Chinese Line
- Viking Celebrates Float Out of Second Expedition Ship
- Two Big Changes to Guy Fieri Restaurants on Mardi Gras
- MENU: Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — July 28, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Horizon, A Journey In Photos Day 2: Seas The Day
- Princess Cruises Celebrates 20 Years of Shore Power in Juneau
- Carnival Cruise Line Launches Summer 2021 Alaska Season
- Mexican Port Welcomes First Cruise Ship After 16 Months
- Icy Strait Point Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 562 Days
BEFORE YOU CRUISE17 hours ago
MENU: Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
BEFORE YOU CRUISE3 days ago
Bimini Cruise Port: Everything You Need To Know
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Win For Florida As Appeals Court Strikes Down CDC Cruise Restrictions
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
500 Days Later, Every Major Cruise Line Is Sailing Again