MSC Cruises has announced two new partnerships that will enrich the food and beverage experience on its upcoming flagship MSC World Europa.
Chef’s Garden Kitchen
Michelin-starred chef, TV personality, and author Niklas Ekstedt is collaborating with MSC Cruises to design the menu for specialty restaurant Chef’s Garden Kitchen, which focuses on natural ingredients and a farm-to-ocean ethos. The new venue will feature the first hydroponic garden at sea and an open kitchen.
Born in Sweden, the son of a produce seller, Ekstedt’s strong connection with nature and pure flavors came early in life. He aims to modernize cuisine through art instead of technology, combining traditional Nordic cooking and preservation techniques with creative assortments of fresh, seasonal ingredients.
“Working with MSC Cruises to develop a new dining concept on MSC World Europa has been an exciting experience and we have created something really special and unique,” said Ekstedt. “The menu is rooted in my core philosophy that everything needs to start with the very best natural ingredients and, as such, the dishes are simple but full of flavor and will feature the hydroponic micro-greens that are grown in on board in the restaurant to enhance the flavors, texture and colors.”
Masters of the Sea Pub
Award-winning brewmaster Teo Musso, who created the Baladin Farm Brewery, has worked with MSC to create a bespoke range of MSC signature craft beers that will be brewed at sea in the ship’s full-scale microbrewery.
MSC World Europa‘s brewery will serve a range of “oceanic” beers made on board using desalinated sea water, offering a pilsner, a bitter, and a wheat beer to be enjoyed alongside classic bar snacks.
“I have always loved to experiment and be creative with my beers. This partnership with MSC Cruises was a gift, a chance to create not only three new beers but to do so in the most romantic of ways: at sea,” said Musso. The result is three totally new ‘Oceanic’ brews—a pils, a bitter and a wheat—each with its own unique array of flavors. A chance for MSC Cruises’ guests to discover new tastes, just as they discover new destinations.”
Musso is the visionary powerhouse behind Birra Baladin, an Italian craft and farm brewery. He’s considered the “father” of the Italian craft beer movement, with an influence on craft beer that reaches around the world. His beers have gained cult status since their inception in the 1990s, and are still brewed just outside his hometown (Piozzo) in Piedmont.
Other New Venues on MSC World Europa
Other new restaurants, bars, and lounges that will be found on MSC World Europa include:
- Coffee Emporium is a sleek and modern coffee house.
- Raj Polo Tea House takes a step back in time to turn-of-the-century India, where Indian and English tea traditions converge in a relaxed setting.
- The Gin Project is a must-stop shop for gin lovers with over 70 craft gins, featuring classic cocktails prepared by gin-tenders using a vintage Crawley’s shaker.
- Elixir – Mixology Bar serves cool and edgy cocktails, with expert mixologists creating concoctions with Fever Tree mixers.
- Fizz – Champagne Bar elevates the bubbly experience from previous ships with a dedicated lounge.
- La Pescaderia offers a fresh selection of seafood in a market-style setting, complete with a fresh fish display.
- Luna Park Pizza & Burger is a casual buffet featuring a bright atmosphere and inventive design elements. The experience includes family games and a menu of classic American fare from “Coney dogs” and salted pretzels to funnel cake.
MSC World Europa will welcome her first guests in December 2022. She will spend her inaugural season in the Arabian Gulf, operating seven-night cruises from Dubai.
In March 2023, the vessel will head to the Mediterranean, and in the summer will offer seven-night voyages in that region.
READ NEXT: Alaska Breaks Ground on New Cruise Pier