Princess Cruises announced Monday that they’ll be adding high-speed wifi to six more of their cruise ships in 2020.
Known as MedallionNet, and coined “the best wifi at sea,” the high-speed connection promises to give guests the opportunity to have fast, affordable, reliable, and unlimited wifi.
MedallionNet currently is available on Caribbean Princess, Regal Princess, Royal Princess, Ruby Princess, Coral Princess, Island Princess, Crown Princess and Emerald Princess. Sky Princess (October 12) will be MedallionNet-ready for Europe sailings this fall.
What Ship See Get High-Speed WiFi in 2020
- Grand Princess (February 21)
- Diamond Princess (March 15)
- Majestic Princess (April 18)
- Star Princess (June 12)
- Enchanted Princess (June 15)
- Sapphire Princess (July 27)
READ MORE: Princess Brings Wearable Tech to More Ships
“We continue our commitment to offer the best Internet at sea with the expansion of MedallionNet across the fleet,” said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises president. “Reliable connectivity allows each guest to choose how they want to use the Internet – that could mean staying connected continuously to message friends and family, share their amazing vacation experience, or jumping on and off for personal or professional needs and then promptly returning to vacation mode.”
Princess MedallionClass Ships
Medallion Class, which is their wearable technology, is already rolled out on Caribbean Princess, Regal Princess, Royal Princess, Crown Princess, and will be on the upcoming Sky Princess. In 2020, it’ll expand to Ruby, Grand, Enchanted, Emerald, Coral, and Island Princess.
The wearable device is complimentary to all guests and allows expedited embarkation, on-demand beverage service, friends and family locator, keyless stateroom entry, and an interactive voyage timeline.
- First Hospital Ship En Route to New York City
- Cruise Line Rescue Could Come At A Price
- Seattle Puts 2020 Cruise Season On Pause
- Carnival Australia Extends Cruise Cancellations
- How to Change or Cancel a Carnival Cruise
- Royal Caribbean Suspends Cruises Until At Least May 12
- Closing Bell Update: Cruise Line Stocks Rebound
- Carnival Cruise Line Extends Pay For Displaced Crew Members
- Behind The Fight To Keep Cruise Lines Afloat
- Drone Captures Docked Cruise Ships [PHOTOS]