Princess Cruises announced on Wednesday afternoon that they will be canceling select voyages through December 15, 2020.
The cruise line cites the continued progression of the pandemic along with decisions through various health and government authorities as to the reason why.
In February, the cruise line gained worldwide attention when it had a major illness breakout aboard Diamond Princess.
Varying By Itinerary
- All cruises sailing in and out of Australia on Majestic Princess, Regal Princess, Sapphire Princess, Sea Princess, and Sun Princess through October 31, 2020
- All sailings in Asia, Caribbean, California Coast, Hawaii, Mexico, Panama Canal, South America & Antarctica, Japan, and Tahiti/South Pacific through December 15, 2020
We share in our guests’ disappointment in canceling these cruises,” said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises president. “We look forward to the days when we can return to travel and the happiness it brings to all who cruise.”
Compensation Offered To Guests
Guests currently booked on these canceled voyages who have paid Princess in full will have the option to receive a refundable Future Cruise Credit (FCC) equivalent to 100% of the cruise fare paid plus an additional non-refundable bonus FCC equal to 25% of the cruise fare.
Last week it was announced that the U.S. Centers for Disease Control would extend its No Sail Order until September 30, 2020.
- Cruise News Briefs — January 15, 2021 [VIDEO]
- All Air Travelers Coming Into U.S. Will Require Negative Test
- Celebrity Returns to Mexican Riviera Cruising After 8 Year Hiatus
- Bookings Open For Holland America’s 2022 Alaska Cruises
- Royal Caribbean Will Cruise From New Homeport Next Winter
- Cruise News Briefs — January 14, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Grand Cayman Says Cruise Ships Unlikely To Return in 2021
- Carnival Begins Construction on Next Mega Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Briefs — January 13, 2021 [VIDEO]
- MSC Extends Pause of Cruises in the US Through March 2021
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Popular Carnival Cruise Director Leaving Ship Life Behind
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Why Carnival Cruise Line Wants You Excited About Half Moon Cay
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Holland America Releases 2021-2022 Caribbean Cruise Schedule
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Ax Cruises Through April 2021