(Updated 5:53 AM ET) Effective 6:00 a.m., Sunday, July 14, 2019, the Lower Mississippi River will be open to all vessel traffic going in and out of New Orleans.
Operations at the Port of Mobile are still suspended for all commercial inbound and outbound traffic due to adverse maritime conditions caused by the storm. The port is expected to open sometime on Sunday.
Carnival Fantasy was due into Mobile, Alabama on Saturday morning but is being kept at sea because of adverse conditions. The next cruise will now operate as a four-night cruise, departing on Sunday, July 14.
Barry made landfall as a Category 1 hurricane near Intracoastal City, Louisiana, on Saturday afternoon and then quickly weakened back to a tropical storm.
Carnival Cruise Line sent a text alert to guests embarking Carnival Fantasy stating, “Operations at Port of Mobile are still suspended for all commercial inbound and outbound traffic due to adverse maritime conditions caused by the storm. Given today’s delay, our plan it to operate this cruise as a four-day cruise to Cozumel, departing Sunday 7/14/19, assuming normal port operations are resumed at Port of Mobile.”
Carnival sent out a text to guests embarking Carnival Glory in New Orleans on Sunday saying the ship will be arriving as scheduled. Carnival Valor, the other ship that sails from New Orleans, will also be arriving as scheduled on Monday.
Earlier this week Carnival Valor could not return to the Port of New Orleans and had to be diverted to Mobile, Alabama because the port was closed. The company bussed both debarking and embarking guests between Mobile and New Orleans.
Carnival Fantasy is returning from a five-night Western Caribbean cruise.
- Cancellations, Compensation and Refund Policies by Cruise Line
- Viking Launches Mississippi River Cruises
- Carnival Sunrise Virtual Cruise To Nowhere, Day 1
- How to Use a Future Cruise Credit
- Royal Caribbean Cruise Brands Extend Cancellation Policy
- Disney Cruise Line Suspends Sailings Through April 28
- Norwegian Cancels Cruises, Pushes Return Date Back
- Carnival Extends Suspension; Cancels Cruises Through May 11
- MSC Cruises Extends Suspended Voyages Through May 29
- Cruise Ship Casinos: How to Get the Most Out of Your Experience