Carnival Breeze’s Thrill 5D Theater will be a multi-dimensional experience that will make guests feel like they are actually in the movie. The theater combines a high-definition 3D projection system with 4D elements such as squirting water and bubbles, and original special effects that will tickle guests’ legs, blow air on their necks and poke them in their seats.
Seats within the theater will shift back and forth, move from side to side and also vibrate, creating an exciting “fifth-dimensional” element. Guests will receive special 3D glasses that deliver a truly immersive movie-going experience.
That’s just one entertainment option. Another is Hasbro, The Game Show.
Hasbro, The Game Show is a series of larger-than-life productions and entertainment activities based on the popular Family Game Night television series produced by Hasbro Studios and seen on The Hub, a network for children and their families. Hasbro, The Game Show will put guests right in the middle of their favorite Hasbro games. Several main games are to be featured:
- Sorry! Sliders, which involves a giant shuffleboard court.
- Simon Flash, where two teams of four guests wear giant light-up color boxes and must shuffle themselves quickly to repeat a color sequence.
- Yahtzee Bowling, with a giant ball and larger-than-life-sized bowling pins.
- Operation SAM DUNK, which is set up like a skee-ball board where contestants try to get the balls into different slots on the “patient’s” body.
- Connect 4 BASKETBALL, which uses a basketball setup rather than the traditional checkers to play.
Carnival Breeze will also be the first ship to offer Playlist Productions combining live performances with high-tech staging and special effects to “set a new standard in seagoing entertainment” said the line in a press release today.
“These exhilarating revues are set to widely popular and memorable music encompassing a variety of styles, genres and eras. Playlist performances will have guests singing along and dancing in their seats during the hit-packed, 30-minute shows created by leading producers, directors and choreographers who have worked on critically acclaimed productions for Broadway, London’s West End and some of the world’s most popular musical acts.”
I don’t doubt that. If they do half the job of rolling out the entertainment features as they did on what we have seen so far, this should be good.
Also featured on Carnival Breeze will be the new Punchliner Comedy Club Presented by George Lopez. Through a partnership with Lopez, serving as Carnival’s “curator of comedy,” the veteran comedian will be acting as a consultant on the vetting and hiring of comedic talent for the line’s already popular comedy program.
DJs on the Carnival Breeze will be trained under the new “DJ IRIE Spin’iversity” led by the award-winning DJ IRIE, a highly talented disc jockey widely known in Miami and Las Vegas.
Photo- danorbit. via Compfight
is a travel writer from charged with sharing frank, inside information on cruise vacations with travelers. Certified a Master Cruise Counselor by the , Chris can be found via the popular travel blog, ChrisCruises.net and on the long-running cruise information website, YourCruiseDream.com.
- Carnival Breeze Preview: Branded Features For All(cruiseradio.net)
- Carnival Breeze Countdown: Spinning Up An Unforgettable Atmosphere(chriscruises.net)
- Carnival to throw Twitter party for upcoming Carnival Breeze handover(cruiseradio.net)
- Carnival recruits American Idol alum for cruise ship inaugural(cruiseradio.net)