As of yesterday, cruising is officially back in the Caribbean.
Celebrity Cruises’ ship Celebrity Millennium has officially begun its brand-new schedule of sailings from the Dutch country of St. Maarten, which shares an island with its northern neighbor — the French country of St. Martin.
The vessel has begun a program of seven-night roundtrip cruises with two different itineraries. The first will visit two of the ABC islands, Aruba and Curaçao, which are in the southern Caribbean Sea just north of Venezuela. A stop in Barbados in the southeast Caribbean rounds out the itinerary.
The second Celebrity Millennium itinerary this summer visits Barbados as well, plus Tortola and St. Lucia — all of which are in the eastern Caribbean region.
“Today, we sail, again! This is such a significant moment for our company, our industry and the Caribbean. That this day has finally arrived for our guests and our crew is truly special – beyond words, really,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises.
“I am so happy to have our crew back onboard doing what they love and providing amazing vacations and service to our guests. I also am extremely grateful to the leadership of the St. Maarten government for their vision and support to make this moment happen. What an honor to now be the first to enthusiastically say, once again – ‘Welcome Aboard!'”
Though Millennium is an older vessel at 21 years of age, she recently underwent one of the company’s largest renovations to date. Enhancements included:
- Redesigned staterooms featuring Celebrity’s eXhale bedding and luxurious mattresses
- Redesigned restaurants, lounges, and spa
- The addition of The Retreat exclusive area for Retreat guests only, which includes a private sundeck, lounge, and butler service
- New shops featuring designer wares
- Celebrity’s RFID lock technology with digital key access to every cabin door
These sailings are set to run through August 21.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of June 6, 2021
- Another First as Royal Caribbean Ship Sails From Nassau
- USVI Governor Asks Florida’s DeSantis To Allow Cruise Line Vaccination Checks
- Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Day 4: Changes in the COVID Era
- UPDATE: Two Celebrity Millennium Cruisers Test Positive, Protocols Work As Planned
- Carnival Staffing Entire Fleet — ‘We Want to Bring Back More Ships’
- Holland America Changes Rotterdam’s Inaugural Date, More Cruise Cancellations
- Cruise News Today — June 11, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
- Odyssey of the Seas Arrives to New Florida Homeport
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
PHOTOS: Welcoming Carnival’s Mardi Gras to Port Canaveral
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Mardi Gras Behind The Scenes: How Carnival’s First LNG Ship Fuels Up