As of yesterday, cruising is officially back in the Caribbean.
Celebrity Cruises’ ship Celebrity Millennium has officially begun its brand-new schedule of sailings from the Dutch country of St. Maarten, which shares an island with its northern neighbor — the French country of St. Martin.
The vessel has begun a program of seven-night roundtrip cruises with two different itineraries. The first will visit two of the ABC islands, Aruba and Curaçao, which are in the southern Caribbean Sea just north of Venezuela. A stop in Barbados in the southeast Caribbean rounds out the itinerary.
The second Celebrity Millennium itinerary this summer visits Barbados as well, plus Tortola and St. Lucia — all of which are in the eastern Caribbean region.
“Today, we sail, again! This is such a significant moment for our company, our industry and the Caribbean. That this day has finally arrived for our guests and our crew is truly special – beyond words, really,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises.
“I am so happy to have our crew back onboard doing what they love and providing amazing vacations and service to our guests. I also am extremely grateful to the leadership of the St. Maarten government for their vision and support to make this moment happen. What an honor to now be the first to enthusiastically say, once again – ‘Welcome Aboard!'”
Though Millennium is an older vessel at 21 years of age, she recently underwent one of the company’s largest renovations to date. Enhancements included:
- Redesigned staterooms featuring Celebrity’s eXhale bedding and luxurious mattresses
- Redesigned restaurants, lounges, and spa
- The addition of The Retreat exclusive area for Retreat guests only, which includes a private sundeck, lounge, and butler service
- New shops featuring designer wares
- Celebrity’s RFID lock technology with digital key access to every cabin door
These sailings are set to run through August 21.
- Delta Variant Slows Near-Term Bookings As Cruisers Hesitate
- Carnival Victory Officially Renamed Carnival Radiance
- Royal Caribbean Group Set to Build New Cruise Terminal in Italy
- Half of Carnival Corporation’s Fleet Will Sail By Next Month
- Behind The Name Mardi Gras: 50 Years of Carnival Fun Ships
- Cruise Podcast: Celebrity Millennium 2021 Alaska Review + News
- Bahamas Paradise Announces BOGO Offer & Halloween Cruises
- Princess Cruises Cancels More Australia Voyages
- MSC Cruises Pledges to Reach Net Zero Emissions By 2050
- Celebrity Edge to Operate Australia & South Pacific Cruises
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Another Cruise Ship Pulled From China, Will Now Sail in Mediterranean
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Half of Carnival’s U.S. Cruise Ship Fleet Back in Service
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Announces Final Episode of EMBARK Web Series
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Royal Caribbean Announces Protocols For Remainder of October