1. Following the recent change regarding testing to enter the U.S. on international flights, cruise lines are urging the CDC to drop its pre-cruise testing guideline.
2. Viking has eliminated its pre-cruise and onboard testing requirements for guests on all but two ships.
3. Carnival Cruise Line has acquired a ship from a sister brand, and it will begin sailing with Carnival this coming November.
4. Celebrity Cruises has dropped its vaccination requirement for teenagers on all of its voyages in Europe. This means that only adults need to be vaccinated to sail.
5. Expedition ship Crystal Endeavor from the now-defunct line Crystal Cruises has been sold to another luxury cruise brand.
Featured Article: Costa Toscana Trip Report, Day 1
Doug is currently onboard Costa Cruises’ new Excellence-class ship, Costa Toscana. In day one of his trip report, he goes over some unique elements to his balcony stateroom, the entertainment venues onboard, what the pizza is like, and how the ship differs from sister ship Mardi Gras — which is part of the Carnival Cruise Line fleet.
This Week’s Podcast: Discovery Princess Review
On this week’s episode of Cruise Radio, we get a full review of an Alaska sailing aboard Princess Cruises’ newest vessel Discovery Princess, and get answers to some of your travel insurance questions with Dan from TripInsurance.com.
Featured Video: Cruise News Today
This week’s featured video is the Cruise News Today from Thursday, June 16. Doug goes over cruise lines urging the CDC to drop its testing guideline, the coin ceremony for Carnival Celebration, and Princess Cruises canceling voyages on two of its Royal-class ships.