1. The CDC has lifted its testing requirements for Americans reentering the U.S. after traveling abroad. This makes the process of getting home after a cruise from a foreign country much easier.
2. Nearly a month of European cruises on Norwegian Escape have been canceled for this fall due to an unplanned dry dock. Impacted guests will receive a full refund plus a 10 percent future cruise credit.
3. Meyer Werft shipyard handed Disney Wish over to Disney Cruise Line last week, officially delivering the brand-new vessel. She is now en route across the Atlantic to her new home in Port Canaveral.
4. Carnival has revealed details on the sixth zone aboard its upcoming ship Carnival Celebration. The Gateway zone will include the history-filled Carnival Jubilee Bar, the travel-themed Latitudes bar, and Emeril’s Bistro 1397.
5. Virgin Voyages has delayed the launch of its third ship, Resilient Lady, by at least eight months. It was originally scheduled to debut this August.
Featured Article: What You Need to Know About Norwegian Cruise Line’s Internet Packages & App
This week’s featured article is an overview of the different internet packages available for purchase on Norwegian Cruise Line’s ships, as well as the brand’s smartphone app and its functionalities.
Featured Video: Cruise News Today
This week’s featured YouTube video is the Cruise News Today from Friday, June 10. Doug goes over Disney Wish’s delivery, Princess Cruises closing one of its Alaska lodges early this year, and Cozumel welcoming around 10,000 cruise visitors in one day.