Cozumel Might Become a Homeport
The mayor of Cozumel has announced that the Mexican island is in discussion with Royal Caribbean to possibly homeport a ship there.
Royal Caribbean said that if there still hasn’t been a decision to sail by April, Cozumel will be a homeport starting in May. Cozumel’s mayor said “We were consulted and we immediately said yes.”
In the fall, Royal Caribbean already plans to offer Caribbean cruises outside the US from Barbados on Grandeur of the Seas.
Holland America and Princess Ready for Visitors in Alaska
Two cruise lines are attempting to help save Alaska’s 2021 cruise season, but in a different way.
Holland America Line and Princess Cruises are both offering land tours through the last frontier.
Six to seven night escorted sightseeing adventures include rail travel on the Alaska railroad, visiting Denali National Park, and cruises to Portage Glacier.
Whether or not the Alaska cruise season will happen this year depends on both guidance issued from the CDC and if Canada is willing to let ships dock in British Columbia as a technical call, without disembarking guests.
You Could Win a Cunard Transatlantic Crossing Cruise
And lastly, Cunard is running a sweepstakes where you can win a seven-night transatlantic crossing aboard Queen Mary 2.
The contest is in celebration of the HBO Max movie “Let Them All Talk” starring Meryl Streep, which was filmed onboard the ship in 2019.
Residents of the United States can enter through March 31 at cunardmoviesweeps.com.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise News Today — July 28, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Horizon, A Journey In Photos Day 2: Seas The Day
- Princess Cruises Celebrates 20 Years of Shore Power in Juneau
- Carnival Cruise Line Launches Summer 2021 Alaska Season
- Mexican Port Welcomes First Cruise Ship After 16 Months
- Icy Strait Point Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 562 Days
- Cruise News Today — July 27, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Horizon, A Journey In Photos: Day 1
- Carnival Cruise Line Offers Sneak Peek of Mardi Gras
- Bimini Cruise Port: Everything You Need To Know
BEFORE YOU CRUISE2 days ago
Bimini Cruise Port: Everything You Need To Know
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Win For Florida As Appeals Court Strikes Down CDC Cruise Restrictions
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
500 Days Later, Every Major Cruise Line Is Sailing Again
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival President: Over Half The Fleet Will Sail By October