Cozumel Might Become a Homeport
The mayor of Cozumel has announced that the Mexican island is in discussion with Royal Caribbean to possibly homeport a ship there.
Royal Caribbean said that if there still hasn’t been a decision to sail by April, Cozumel will be a homeport starting in May. Cozumel’s mayor said “We were consulted and we immediately said yes.”
In the fall, Royal Caribbean already plans to offer Caribbean cruises outside the US from Barbados on Grandeur of the Seas.
Holland America and Princess Ready for Visitors in Alaska
Two cruise lines are attempting to help save Alaska’s 2021 cruise season, but in a different way.
Holland America Line and Princess Cruises are both offering land tours through the last frontier.
Six to seven night escorted sightseeing adventures include rail travel on the Alaska railroad, visiting Denali National Park, and cruises to Portage Glacier.
Whether or not the Alaska cruise season will happen this year depends on both guidance issued from the CDC and if Canada is willing to let ships dock in British Columbia as a technical call, without disembarking guests.
You Could Win a Cunard Transatlantic Crossing Cruise
And lastly, Cunard is running a sweepstakes where you can win a seven-night transatlantic crossing aboard Queen Mary 2.
The contest is in celebration of the HBO Max movie “Let Them All Talk” starring Meryl Streep, which was filmed onboard the ship in 2019.
Residents of the United States can enter through March 31 at cunardmoviesweeps.com.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Line’s New LNG Flagship Completes Sea Trials
- Cruise News Today — October 26, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean Releases Protocols For Cruises From U.S. Through November
- MSC Cruises Launches Design Contest For Hull of Upcoming Ship
- CDC Extends Conditional Sailing Order Into January 2022
- Viking Cruise Ship Makes Inaugural Call in St. Kitts
- More Dining Details Revealed for Upcoming Disney Cruise Ship
- Cruise Ship Rescues 8 People Off the Coast of Florida [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Resumes Sailings From Los Angeles
- Royal Caribbean CEO: ‘It’s Time to Focus on the Future’