Every week we bring you the latest cruise news stories, articles we’ve published, our latest Cruise Radio podcast, and our recent YouTube videos.
Cruise Radio News Brief – July 22, 2018
1. Norwegian Cruise Line shocked us this week with the news that Norwegian Joy – a ship purpose-built for the Asian market – will be leaving China in summer 2019. She will first undergo a $50 million refurbishment before joining the line’s newest ship Norwegian Bliss in Alaska. Read the full article here.
2. MSC Cruises dives further into the American market by announcing the building of its own cruise terminal in Miami. This extends its berthing rights to two days per week from one as well solidifies MSC’s home in Port Miami for its upcoming next-generation ships. Read the full article here.
3. Celebrity Cruise Line announced an impressive $500 million plan dubbed “The Celebrity Revolution” to update the ships in its fleet. Updates will affect staterooms, public areas, spas, and more and are slated to begin next year, continuing through 2023. Read the full article here.
4. Virgin Voyages released the name of its newest ship this week: Scarlet Lady. The name is a nod to the first airplane of the brand, which flew under the same name, and is also meant to represent “ a powerful spirit guide who is creating a whole new way to travel.” Read the full article here.
5. Carnival Cruise Line is extending its updated steakhouse menu to more ships in the fleet. Already served on the Vista and Dream class ships, the new menu will be rolled out within the next few weeks to Carnival Conquest, Liberty, Freedom, and Valor. Read the full article here.
6. Disney Cruise Line published the dates and details for its holiday season cruises, including information on onboard holiday-themed events, celebrated Disney style. Read the full article here.
This Week’s Cruise Podcast
This week we hear a review of Adventure of the Seas, which currently sails out of Bayonne, New Jersey, on 7-night itineraries to New England/Canada and to Bermuda. This cruise was the reviewer’s first time cruising with Royal Caribbean and first time cruising to New England and Canada.
This Week’s Featured Cruise Article
This week’s featured article highlights Carnival Cruise Line’s FunTimes itinerary. Read up on how best to make use of these daily planners, what information they include, and how they help you make the most of your cruise vacation. Read the entire article here.
This Week’s Cruise Video
Ever wondered how much food it takes to feed a ship full of guests and crew for a week? In this week’s video, we share some facts about the amount of food (like over 22,000 pounds of beef!) that get loaded onto a ship for just one week-long cruise.
- Vanna White Named Carnival Panorama Godmother
- Trip Report: MSC Meraviglia Day at Sea
- New Restaurant Announced for Carnival Mardi Gras
- Cruise Podcast: Allure of the Seas 2019 Review + News
- Trip Report: MSC Meraviglia Embarkation Day
- Carnival Reveals Roller Coaster Details And More
- Everything We Know About Virgin Voyages’ Second Ship
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of November 10, 2019
- Carnival Cruise Line Rolls Out New Food Concept
- Cruise Podcast: Disney Dream 2019 Review + News
REVIEWS2 days ago
Trip Report: MSC Meraviglia Embarkation Day
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Carnival Reveals Roller Coaster Details And More
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Everything We Know About Virgin Voyages’ Second Ship
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
New Restaurant Announced for Carnival Mardi Gras
REVIEWS1 day ago
Trip Report: MSC Meraviglia Day at Sea
CRUISE NEWS9 hours ago
Vanna White Named Carnival Panorama Godmother
CRUISE PODCAST2 days ago
Cruise Podcast: Allure of the Seas 2019 Review + News