The Grand Turk Cruise Center officially reopened yesterday with a visit from Carnival Ecstasy, part of the ship’s seven-day voyage from Charleston. The festivities included a shipboard reception with the Carnival Ecstasy’s officers, executives from Carnival Corporation, and port and government officials.
Grand Turk is Open!
During Carnival Ecstasy’s day-long stop in Grand Turk, guests enjoyed the port’s wide range of amenities, including unique shopping and dining experiences and an on-site pool, as well as a variety of shore excursion experiences. The island is also home to Splashdown Grand Turk, a unique exhibit commemorating the National Aeronautics & Space Administration’s Mercury space program and the historic 1962 splashdown of the Friendship 7 capsule off the coast of the island.
The visit from the ship is the first of dozens of calls going forward at the port, a $60 million facility opened by Carnival Corporation in 2006. The 20-acre complex features direct access to an 800-foot-long beach, swimming pool and FlowRider attraction, which offers body boarding and stand-up board surfing.
Read More: Grand Turk Update From Jack’s Shack
The cruise center serves as a gateway to the island of Grand Turk, which is world-renowned as a diving and snorkeling jewel, and also features magnificent beaches, striking aqua-blue waters, and a variety of watersports activities. Exciting adventures like ziplining and all-terrain vehicle excursions are also available.
- Royal Caribbean Celebrates One Year Since Restart, Reveals Fun Facts
- Cruise News Today — December 8, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Jimmy Buffett Launches Cruise Line, Rebrands Ship [IMAGES]
- Carnival Releases 2021 Christmas Day Dinner Menu
- Carnival Radiance Cruise & Entertainment Directors Announced
- Cruise News Today — December 7, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Virgin Voyages Donates 500 Cabins to Healthcare Providers
- Saying Goodbye to My Dad, Captain Parker
- Passport Card vs. Book: Which Should I Get?
- Cruise News Today — December 6, 2021 [VIDEO]