The Grand Turk Cruise Center officially reopened yesterday with a visit from Carnival Ecstasy, part of the ship’s seven-day voyage from Charleston. The festivities included a shipboard reception with the Carnival Ecstasy’s officers, executives from Carnival Corporation, and port and government officials.
Grand Turk is Open!
During Carnival Ecstasy’s day-long stop in Grand Turk, guests enjoyed the port’s wide range of amenities, including unique shopping and dining experiences and an on-site pool, as well as a variety of shore excursion experiences. The island is also home to Splashdown Grand Turk, a unique exhibit commemorating the National Aeronautics & Space Administration’s Mercury space program and the historic 1962 splashdown of the Friendship 7 capsule off the coast of the island.
The visit from the ship is the first of dozens of calls going forward at the port, a $60 million facility opened by Carnival Corporation in 2006. The 20-acre complex features direct access to an 800-foot-long beach, swimming pool and FlowRider attraction, which offers body boarding and stand-up board surfing.
Read More: Grand Turk Update From Jack’s Shack
The cruise center serves as a gateway to the island of Grand Turk, which is world-renowned as a diving and snorkeling jewel, and also features magnificent beaches, striking aqua-blue waters, and a variety of watersports activities. Exciting adventures like ziplining and all-terrain vehicle excursions are also available.
- Virgin Voyages Cancels November 2020 Cruises
- Skagway, Alaska Cruise Port Guide
- Cruise Industry Voices Beg CDC Not To Extend No Sail Order
- Carnival’s New Mega Cruise Ship Begins Sea Trials [PHOTOS]
- 5 Most European Cities In North America To Visit on a Cruise
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of September 20, 2020
- Final Countdown: Will The CDC Lift The Ban On Cruise Ships?
- Alaska Inside Passage Cruises: What You Need to Know
- The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
- Norwegian Cruise Line Releases 2023 Itineraries, Latitudes Offer
EDITORIAL5 days ago
The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Final Countdown: Will The CDC Lift The Ban On Cruise Ships?
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Releases 2023 Itineraries, Latitudes Offer
BEFORE YOU CRUISE4 days ago
Alaska Inside Passage Cruises: What You Need to Know