Carnival Cruise Line’s ship Carnival Fantasy will be docking in Moble, Alabama in just over two weeks. The city has been anticipating her arrival for quite some time now, and spent $4 million getting everything ready.
Even though the last cruise ship to be in Mobile left recently in 2012, the port still needed to start from scratch as far as equipment was concerned. TSA standards have changed since then, meaning all new security and baggage checking equipment was needed to get the port back on its feet.
Cruise guests will have a great view of the Port City as they embark the ship, as the balcony looks over the river to Austal. There’s still a lot of work in the terminal to be done, but Pat Brennan with the cruise terminal says that everything will soon be in place, and “we’re tracking to be ready on time.”
Next week, a cruise ship from Canada will stop in Mobile with 650 passengers onboard. They won’t use the unfinished terminal though, which will be done by the time Carnival Fantasy arrives in town.
Carnival Fantasy is set to set sail from Mobile to Mexico November 9.
Information: WTOC News
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Carnival Magic Review