Royal Caribbean has an exciting lineup of live performances for Icon of the Seas.
When the largest cruise ship in the industry debuts in January 2024, it will offer new theatrical productions and impressive feats across four venues inspired by air, ice, water, and theater.
With a cast of over 75 performers, The Royal Theater offers:
- The Wizard of Oz is an elaborate production of the well-loved fantasy/musical with a modern twist. Enjoy impressive stage effects, hundreds of costume elements, and original music performed by the 16-piece orchestra. It will be the first time that the story is performed at sea.
- SHOWBAND! Live. Music. Now. Will demonstrate the talents of 16 gifted musicians. Listen to woodwind, string, percussion, and brass instruments combined with the venue’s groundbreaking video and sound equipment.
Located in the AquaDome, the AquaTheater will feature:
- Aqua Action! Marvel at state-of-the-art effects and jaw-dropping physical feats. The show includes high divers, aerialists, skateboarders, synchronized swimmers, and more.
- Pirates vs. Mermaids brings a mythical world to life with its fairytale characters and lighthearted storyline. It’s a show that kids and parents can enjoy together.
At the Absolute Zero ice arena, watch out for:
- Starburst: Elemental Beauty is a creative take on the periodic table of elements and how life began. The entire show is on an icy oval stage where cast members show off their ice skating prowess and amazing high jumps.
- Once Upon a Time: The King’s Royal Ball depicts classic fairytales with a few unexpected turns, perfect for the family and those looking to revisit nostalgic childhood stories.
Beyond the stage isn’t a fixed performance theater. In various venues throughout the ship, these additional entertainment options draw on the talents of 50 live musicians and comedians. Some of its attractions will be held in Dueling Pianos, Lous’s Jazz ‘n Blues, Point & Feather English Pub, and Schooner Bar.
- Get a bellyful of laughs from adults-only comedy shows.
- Listen to great music with classic hits from pop, rock, and other genres, including Latin and Caribbean music.
- In SHIPS AHOY!, have your fills of sailors, swashbucklers, and scalawags as maritime figures throughout history match wits and skills.
Royal Caribbean International’s Senior Vice President for Entertainment summarized the lineup by saying, “If you’re a fan of full-scale productions on Broadway and the West End or live music and comedy in hot spots like Las Vegas, Icon has it all for every mood and style in one vacation–alongside never-before-seen twists only found on Royal Caribbean.”
Icon of the Seas starts sailing from Florida in January 2024.