When Princess Cruises’ newest and largest ship ever — Sun Princess — debuts in February 2024, guests will set sail on a 10-day Grand Mediterranean inaugural cruise with departure options from Barcelona, Rome, and Athens.
The full European season on the vessel will include 10-day voyages in the eastern and western Mediterranean, along with seven-day cruises departing from Barcelona, Rome, or Athens. These sailings can be combined for longer 14 or 21-day adventures.
Highlights of Sun Princess’ March to September 2024 inaugural season include:
- 10-day Grand Mediterranean cruise between Barcelona and Rome, visiting Mallorca, Sicily, Athens, Kusadasi, Santorini, and Naples
- Seven-day Mediterranean with Greek Isles & Turkey between Rome and Athens, seven-day Mediterranean with Greece & Italy between Athens and Barcelona, and seven-day Mediterranean with France & Italy between Barcelona and Rome, with over 20 departures to choose from between April and September 2024
- European Explorer voyages between the Mediterranean and Southampton, England from nine to 23 days long
- Nine-day Grand Mediterranean cruise sailing roundtrip from Rome
- 10-day Grand Mediterranean cruises roundtrip from Rome, or between Barcelona and Rome
- 10-day Grand Western Mediterranean sailings roundtrip from Rome
- 16-day Iberian Passage voyage sailing the Atlantic Ocean between Southampton and Fort Lauderdale
Princess passengers who want to extend their time on land can choose from three unique cruise tours.
Best of Greece
Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Meteora, Delphi, and the Acropolis of Athens and its Parthenon. This tour is offered with the seven-day Mediterranean with Greek Isles & Italy; 14-day Mediterranean with Greece, France and Italy; or the 21-day Best of the Mediterranean cruises from Athens.
Visit Venice, Florence, and Rome’s greatest sights: Venice’s St. Mark’s Square and Doge’s Palace, Rome’s Coliseum and Vatican museums, and Florence’s Duomo and Michelangelo’s sculpture of David. All sights are offered with the seven-day Mediterranean with Greek Isles & Turkey; 14-day Mediterranean with Greek Isles, Italy & Turkey; or the 21-day Best of Mediterranean cruises from Rome.
Highlights of Spain
This tour is offered with the seven-day Mediterranean with France & Italy; 14-day Mediterranean with Greek Isles, France & Turkey; or the 21-day Best of Mediterranean cruises from Barcelona. Visit Madrid, Valencia, and Toledo and enjoy the sights and tastes of Spain.
About Sun Princess
Currently under construction in Italy, Sun Princess will feature a newly-designed Piazza and The Dome, a cutting-edge entertainment space inspired by the terraces of Santorini.
The vessel is part of Carnival Corporation’s green cruising focus, and will be the first Princess ship powered by liquefied natural gas.
Bookings for Sun Princess’ first three voyages are already open. Additional Mediterranean cruises will go on sale November 9, 2022.
Past Princess guests are eligible for a special promotion when they book Sun Princess cruises early. The promotion consists of a Captain’s Circle Launch Discount, which may be combined with launch and group promotions. The discount expires on January 31, 2023.