In 2022, Holland America Line is celebrating 75 years in Alaska — longer than any other cruise line. And bookings are now open for the season’s Alaska voyages and Land+Sea Journeys.
From April to October 2022, passengers can set sail with Holland America in the Last Frontier aboard Eurodam, Koningsdam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Noordam, Oosterdam, and Zuiderdam.
Those who want to further explore Alaska can choose from 16 different Land+Sea Journeys, which combine a three, four, or seven-night Alaska cruise with an inland exploration of Denali National Park.
“It’s incredible to think that Holland America Line has been taking guests to Alaska longer than it’s been a state, and because 2022 is our 75th year, we want to allow plenty of time for guests to plan ahead.” said Gus Antorcha, Holland America Line’s president. “Alaska is a destination where if you’ve never been, it’s on your bucket list; and if you have been, you’re eager to go back.”
Voted #1 Cruise Line in Alaska
Holland America was named the top pick for Alaska cruises in the 2020 AFAR Travelers’ Awards for the third time in five years.
And in addition to the AFAR award, the line was named top pick for Alaska in the 2020 Porthole Cruise Magazine Editor-in-Chief Awards, 2019 Cruise Critic Cruisers’ Choice Destination Awards, and 2019 TravelAge West Wave Awards Editor’s Pick.
Koningsdam was also voted top mid-sized cruise ship in the 2020 USA Today 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards.
New and Notable for 2022
- Special onboard celebrations for the 75th Anniversary
- Every Alaska cruise includes a visit to one or more of Alaska’s iconic glacier destinations: Glacier Bay National Park, College Fjord, Hubbard Glacier, and the Twin Sawyer Glaciers of Tracy Arm
- Seven-night “Glacier Discovery Northbound” and “Glacier Discovery Southbound” itineraries between Whittier, Alaska and Vancouver, Canada aboard Nieuw Amsterdam and Noordam.
- Seven-night “Alaska Inside Passage” cruises roundtrip from Vancouver on Koningsdam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Noordam, and Zuiderdam.
- Seven-night “Alaskan Explorer” cruises roundtrip from Seattle aboard Eurodam and Oosterdam
- All ships in Alaska feature expanded onboard programming: engaging with an Alaska naturalist, cruises with Glacier Bay take on a National Park Ranger and Huna native speaker, and special presentations on topics such as Alaska’s bush pilots and the famous Iditarod race.
2022 Denali Land+Sea Journeys
Koningsdam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Noordam, and Zuiderdam will offer Land+Sea Journeys ranging from nine to 18 days. All Denali Land+Sea Journeys include a seven-night Glacier Discovery cruise featuring Glacier Bay and the Inside Passage, as well as either Hubbard Glacier or College Fjord and up to three nights at the McKinley Chalet Resort at the entrance to Denali National Park.
All two and three-night Denali itineraries include the longer Tundra Wilderness Tour into Denali National Park, which provides great wildlife and mountain viewing opportunities.
Each Land+Sea Journey includes a scenic ride on the luxury-domed McKinley Explorer, including select itineraries that take guests from their ship to their Denali hotel room on the same day.
2022 Yukon+Denali Land+Sea Journeys
Holland America is the only cruise line to offer an Alaska cruise combined with an overland tour to both Denali and the Yukon. These itineraries include all the highlights of the Denali Journeys, plus more.
Each Yukon+Denali Journey includes either a three or four-night Inside Passage cruise on Koningsdam or Zuiderdam, or a seven-night Glacier Discovery cruise on Nieuw Amsterdam or Noordam.
Every Yukon+Denali Journey includes the services of a professional Journey Host, as well as a ride on the McKinley Explorer railcars, and select itineraries add on the White Pass & Yukon Route railroad from Skagway as well.
Travelers on every Yukon Journey will also enjoy two nights in Dawson City.
And a tour on the Klondike Spirit paddlewheeler takes guests along the Yukon River past stunning tall pines, historic towns and wildlife.
Save Now, Cruise Later
For a limited time, those who book 2022 Alaska cruises and Land+Sea Journeys by February 28, 2021 can receive up to $2,300 in amenities. They include a free Signature Beverage Package, pre-paid gratuities, free Signature Dining Package, and 50 percent reduced deposits, plus free wifi for suites.
Alaska cruise pricing starts at $899 per person based on double occupancy, for a seven-night sailing.