1. Less than a month after lowering its cruise travel notice from a Level 4 to a Level 3, the CDC has once again lowered its cruise alert — this time down to a Level 2. This means that the agency considers cruising a “moderate” risk.
2. After running aground in the Dominican Republic, Norwegian Cruise Line was forced to cancel the remainder of Norwegian Escape‘s cruise and fly passengers home.
3. Princess Cruises has announced new voyages from Galveston and San Diego, and also revealed plans to resume Australia sailings in June.
4. Construction has officially begun on Carnival’s next Excel-class ship, as the first steel was cut at the shipyard on Friday.
5. Pop singer Katy Perry has been named godmother of Norwegian’s upcoming ship Norwegian Prima, with the christening ceremony set for this summer in Reykjavík, Iceland.
Featured Article: Norwegian Getaway Haven Trip Report, Day 1
This week’s featured article is the first trip report from Richard on his recent Norwegian Getaway cruise, where he had booked a two-bedroom suite in the ship’s exclusive Haven complex. In this report, he goes over how embarkation went, what his suite was like, the meals on the first day, and more.
This Week’s Podcast: Perfect Day at CocoCay Review
On this week’s episode, we get a review of Royal Caribbean’s private island Perfect Day at CocoCay, and catch up on the latest cruise news with Richard.
Featured Video: Cruise News Today
This week’s featured YouTube video is our cruise news brief from Thursday, March 17. Doug goes over the recovery of a cruiser who jumped overboard on Carnival Horizon, Royal Caribbean no longer requiring that unvaccinated kids be on an organized excursion to visit ports, and Norwegian canceling 2022 Baltic voyages on Norwegian Getaway.