1. After a month of no sailings, Norwegian Escape finally reentered service following hull repairs after running aground off the coast of the Dominican Republic last month.
2. Even though Carnival Cruise Line is raising specialty restaurant prices starting May 1, the complimentary venues will remain included for now on Mardi Gras.
3. Celebrity Cruises has announced the new fall 2022 and winter 2022-2023 deployments for its ships Celebrity Solstice and Celebrity Millennium.
4. The east coast of Canada kicked off its cruise restart last week with the arrival of Viking’s new expedition ship Viking Octantis to Prince Edward Island.
5. Bahamas Paradise’s ship Grand Classica has entered wet dock to be transformed into Margaritaville at Sea Paradise.
Featured Article: An Overview of Royal Caribbean’s Wifi Packages & Smartphone App
In this week’s featured article, we go over the two wifi packages that are offered on Royal Caribbean’s ships, and also give an overview of the cruise line’s smartphone app which can be used both ahead of the cruise and once onboard.
This Week’s Podcast: Carnival Panorama Review
On this week’s episode of Cruise Radio, Doug gets a full review of a recent Mexican Riviera cruise aboard Carnival Panorama, including the onboard dining, entertainment, activities, and ports of call. He also catches up on the latest cruise news with staff writer Richard Simms.
Featured Video: Cruise News Today
The featured video for this week is the Cruise News Today from Tuesday, April 19. Doug goes over Grand Cayman lifting its limit on cruise ships, Celebrity announcing the updated schedules for Solstice and Millennium, and Holland America celebrating its 149th birthday.