Every week we bring you the latest cruise news stories, articles we’ve published, our latest Cruise Radio podcast, and our recent YouTube videos.
1. Carnival Cruise Line sailed into hot water this week when Carnival Fantasy rescued 23 people who’d been adrift at sea for several days. While that sounds like a success story, 22 of the 23 survivors that were rescued were Cuban immigrants headed to Mexico on a wooden boat – striking controversy with some over whether Carnival should have ever taken them aboard in the first place.
2. Royal Caribbean took delivery of its newest ship, Spectrum of the Seas, this week. The ship, built specifically for the Asian market, holds more than 4,000 guests and feature’s the line’s first exclusive suites-only area, which will include a private enclave, private elevator, and a dedicated restaurant and lounge. Upon Spectrum’s delivery, Royal Caribbean International President and CEO Michael Bayley noted “We have once again combined revolutionary ship design with the latest technology to deliver a ship that will redefine the China cruise market.”
Trip Reports: Norwegian Getaway
In case you’ve missed them, Cruise Radio Writer Richard Simms has been posting his daily trip reports from his recent cruise on Norwegian Getaway. This was a four-night cruise from New York to Bermuda. Follow along and cruise with him (and his crazy casino adventures) as he sails along the Eastern seaboard.
Featured Article: The Pros and Cons of Carnival’s New Private Retreat
Carnival released some information (albeit limited) about the new Loft 19 retreat area aboard the upcoming Mardi Gras, and we’re pretty hyped about it. That being said, there are definitely some pros and cons to the new space, like its exclusivity and its price tag.
This Week’s Podcast: Disney Magic Review + John Heald
This week’s review highlights a five-night repositioning cruise aboard Disney Magic from San Juan, Puerto Rico, to Miami, Florida – stopping in St. Kitts, Tortola, and Castaway Cay along the way. Carnival Cruise Line Brand Ambassador John Heald also joins the show to answer some of your listener questions.
Featured Video: Virgin Voyages Tour
Launching in April 2020, Virgin Voyages’ upcoming ship (and the first ever in the fleet) Scarlet Lady will cater to an adults-only crowd. Gratuities and specialty dining will be included, and the new staterooms will be unlike anything the industry has seen thus far. Once launched, Scarlet Lady will sail four and five-night sailings to Cuba, Costa Maya, and the Dominican Republic from Port Miami, Florida.
- Vanna White Named Carnival Panorama Godmother
- Trip Report: MSC Meraviglia Day at Sea
- New Restaurant Announced for Carnival Mardi Gras
- Cruise Podcast: Allure of the Seas 2019 Review + News
- Trip Report: MSC Meraviglia Embarkation Day
- Carnival Reveals Roller Coaster Details And More
- Everything We Know About Virgin Voyages’ Second Ship
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of November 10, 2019
- Carnival Cruise Line Rolls Out New Food Concept
- Cruise Podcast: Disney Dream 2019 Review + News
REVIEWS2 days ago
Trip Report: MSC Meraviglia Embarkation Day
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Carnival Reveals Roller Coaster Details And More
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Everything We Know About Virgin Voyages’ Second Ship
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
New Restaurant Announced for Carnival Mardi Gras
REVIEWS1 day ago
Trip Report: MSC Meraviglia Day at Sea
CRUISE NEWS7 hours ago
Vanna White Named Carnival Panorama Godmother
CRUISE PODCAST2 days ago
Cruise Podcast: Allure of the Seas 2019 Review + News