Holland America has announced new Grand Voyages for 2022 and 2023, including a 127-night world cruise.
Ranging from 71 to 127 days, Grand Voyages take travelers to dozens of destinations across six continents, all roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
2022 Grand Africa Voyage
Here are some highlights of this 71-night journey around Africa, departing October 10, 2022 aboard Zaandam:
- 4 overnight calls: Aqaba, Jordan; Cape Town, South Africa (two nights); Zanzibar, Tanzania; and Victoria, Seychelles
- 25 ports in 21 countries and territories — in order of calls: Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Tunisia, Greece, Egypt, Jordan, Seychelles, Tanzania, Mayotte, Madagascar, Mozambique, South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Gambia, Senegal, Cape Verde, Puerto Rico
- A memorable daylight transit of the Suez Canal en route to Aqaba, Jordan, for the opportunity to travel to the Lost Cit of Petra
- Safari and wildlife opportunities: Serengeti National Park, Maasi Mara Reserve, Ngorongoro Crater, Tsavo National Park, Jozani Forest Reserve, Lokobe National Park, the Black Lemur Sanctuary, Kruger National Park, Phinda Mountain Lodge, and Thanda Private Game Reserve
- Two days at Cape Town, South Africa to explore places such as Table Mountain, Nelson Mandela’s prison cell, Chapman’s Peak Drive, and Kulala Desert Lodge
2023 Grand World Voyage
Here are some highlights of the 127-night world cruise departing January 3, 2023 aboard Zaandam:
- Zaandam crosses the South Pacific to New Zealand and Australia before sailing up the west coast of Africa and then navigating through Northern Europe.
- 61 ports in 30 countries and island nations: Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Panama, French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tonga, New Zealand, Australia, Mauritius, Réunion, Madagascar, Mozambique, South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Gambia, Senegal, Spain, Morocco, Portugal, France, England, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Scotland, and Ireland
- 8 overnight calls: Fuerte Amador (Panama City), Panama; Papeete, Tahiti; Sydney, Hobart, Adelaide, and Fremantle (Perth), Australia; Cape Town, South Africa; and Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 20 calls around the Africa continent with numerous opportunities for overland safari experiences
2023 Grand South America & Antarctica Voyage
These are some highlights of the 74-night voyage around South America and Antarctica, departing January 3, 2023 aboard Volendam:
- 34 ports in 16 countries and island nations: Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Panama, Ecuador, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Antarctica, Falkland Islands, Uruguay, Brazil, French Guiana, Barbados, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Bahamas
- 5 overnight calls: Fuerte Amador (Panama City), Panama; Manaus and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Buenos Aires, Argentina (two nights); Callao (Lima), Peru (two nights)
- Daylight transit of the Panama Canal and overland opportunities to visit Machu Picchu, the Galapagos Islands, Patagonia, and Iguazu Falls
- Four days of scenic cruising in Antarctica
- Additional scenic cruising through the Chilean Fjords, Strait of Magellan, Amalia or Brujo Glacier, Cockburn and Beagle channels, Glacier Alley, and Cape Horn
- 12 calls in Brazil and a journey along the Amazon River to Manaus
Early Booking Benefits
Travelers who book a qualifying stateroom category on the full 71-night Grand Africa Voyage by February 25, 2022 will receive a 3 percent savings off the cruise-only fare, along with amenities valued at up to $3,970 per person. This includes an onboard spending credit, prepaid gratuities, luggage delivery service, and a welcome bottle of sparkling wine. Those staying in suites also receive free shore excursions, a signature internet package, and more.
Guests who book the full 74-night Grand South America & Antarctica Voyage or the full 127-night Grand World Voyage by June 1, 2022 in a qualifying cabin category will receive a 3 percent savings off the cruise-only fare, along with the amenities listed above.
Bookings are now open for all three Grand Voyages.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of June 6, 2021
- Another First as Royal Caribbean Ship Sails From Nassau
- USVI Governor Asks Florida’s DeSantis To Allow Cruise Line Vaccination Checks
- Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Day 4: Changes in the COVID Era
- UPDATE: Two Celebrity Millennium Cruisers Test Positive, Protocols Work As Planned
- Carnival Staffing Entire Fleet — ‘We Want to Bring Back More Ships’
- Holland America Changes Rotterdam’s Inaugural Date, More Cruise Cancellations
- Cruise News Today — June 11, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
- Odyssey of the Seas Arrives to New Florida Homeport
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
PHOTOS: Welcoming Carnival’s Mardi Gras to Port Canaveral
REVIEWS5 days ago
Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Part 1: Getting There is Half the Battle
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Another Cruise Ship Cleared to Sail From Florida