France and Portugal have officially reopened to American travelers, and Viking is anticipating their arrival next month for its resumption of river cruises.
As of this week, both countries now allow vaccinated visitors from the U.S. without further restrictions. As well, today the European Union has recommended that its member countries begin lifting restrictions on American travelers — a formal announcement is expected on Friday.
These developments come as Viking prepares to restart its European river operations in July, starting with some of its most popular itineraries in Portugal and France.
The sailings are part of Viking’s Welcome Back collection of voyages, which are open to fully-vaccinated guests. Limited space is still available on this summer’s river sailings.
“We applaud the governments of France and Portugal for encouraging international travel while keeping public health a top priority,” said Torstein Hagen, Chairman of Viking.
“Our guests are eager to return to Europe, with France and Portugal at the top of many travel lists. We look forward to welcoming guests back on board our Longships in France and Portugal in a few short weeks.”
The line’s Welcome Back river cruises and cruisetours in Portugal and France include the following:
- Portugal’s River of Gold — 10 Nights from Lisbon to Porto
- Paris & the Heart of Normandy — 8 nights from Paris to Rouen to Paris
- Lyon & Provence — 8 nights from Avignon to Lyon
- France’s Finest — 15 nights from Paris to Avignon
Viking successfully resumed ocean cruise operations in May, and has been sailing in England with British passengers since May 22. Nearly all guests on these sailings provided exceptionally high ratings for the voyage.
Yesterday, the line welcomed American guests back on board for the first of eight Bermuda Escape cruises. Later this month, more Viking ocean cruises will resume around Iceland and in the Mediterranean.
- Former Carnival Cruise Ship Now Sails With Chinese Line
- Viking Celebrates Float Out of Second Expedition Ship
- Two Big Changes to Guy Fieri Restaurants on Mardi Gras
- MENU: Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — July 28, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Horizon, A Journey In Photos Day 2: Seas The Day
- Princess Cruises Celebrates 20 Years of Shore Power in Juneau
- Carnival Cruise Line Launches Summer 2021 Alaska Season
- Mexican Port Welcomes First Cruise Ship After 16 Months
- Icy Strait Point Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 562 Days
BEFORE YOU CRUISE16 hours ago
MENU: Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
BEFORE YOU CRUISE3 days ago
Bimini Cruise Port: Everything You Need To Know
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Win For Florida As Appeals Court Strikes Down CDC Cruise Restrictions
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
500 Days Later, Every Major Cruise Line Is Sailing Again