1. Carnival Cruise Line announced that its upcoming ship Mardi Gras will feature the first roller coaster at sea. Named Bolt: The Ultimate Sea Coaster, the industry-first ride will feature passenger-controlled motorcycle-like vehicles capable of traveling up to 40 miles per hour that will speed along 800 feet of twists, turns, and drops that culminate in a hairpin turn around the ship’s funnel – all at 187 feet above sea level.
2. Carnival Cruise Line also announced a new blimp tour in anticipation of Carnival Panorama’s arrival in California next year. The month-long tour will begin on December 31, 2018, and travel throughout California, flying over events and places like The Rose Parade, sporting events, and Carnival’s homeports in Long Beach and San Diego.
3. A elderly couple aboard a Cruise & Maritime Voyages cruise ship got caught trying to smuggle 20 pounds of cocaine on a recent cruise. While the ship was docked in Lisbon, Portugal, officials arrested the cruisers, aged 70 and 71, after seizing 20 pounds of cocaine in their on-board stateroom.
4. Bookings for MSC Cruises’ 119-day long cruise World Cruise on-board MSC Poesia for 2021 went on sale this week. Though a world cruise, the itinerary places a focus on visiting unique Asian ports. Bookings start at just over $15,000, which includes 15 excursions and a mealtime package.
Featured Article: 7 Big Things Cruisers Should Be Excited About
From the newest ships to sail the seas to the most advanced technology introductions in the industry, cruising is evolving, and we’re excited about it. Increased competition is forcing cruise lines to come up with more innovative ways to attract cruisers, meaning we get to enjoy the results of their new designs. Read more.
This Week’s Cruise Podcast: Harmony of the Seas Review
On this episode, we get a review of Royal Caribbean’s Harmony of the Seas from a seven-night eastern Caribbean cruise. We hear a family’s perspective of one of the largest cruise ships in the world and how their experience was. Review of Harmony of the Seas
Featured Video: MSC Seaside Tour
View a complete, deck-by-deck tour of MSC Seaside. Home-ported in Miami, this ship operates seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries.
- Vanna White Named Carnival Panorama Godmother
- Trip Report: MSC Meraviglia Day at Sea
- New Restaurant Announced for Carnival Mardi Gras
- Cruise Podcast: Allure of the Seas 2019 Review + News
- Trip Report: MSC Meraviglia Embarkation Day
- Carnival Reveals Roller Coaster Details And More
- Everything We Know About Virgin Voyages’ Second Ship
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of November 10, 2019
- Carnival Cruise Line Rolls Out New Food Concept
- Cruise Podcast: Disney Dream 2019 Review + News
REVIEWS2 days ago
Trip Report: MSC Meraviglia Embarkation Day
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Carnival Reveals Roller Coaster Details And More
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Everything We Know About Virgin Voyages’ Second Ship
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
New Restaurant Announced for Carnival Mardi Gras
REVIEWS1 day ago
Trip Report: MSC Meraviglia Day at Sea
CRUISE NEWS8 hours ago
Vanna White Named Carnival Panorama Godmother
CRUISE PODCAST2 days ago
Cruise Podcast: Allure of the Seas 2019 Review + News