Welcome to the Cruise Radio News Brief for the Week of December 13, 2020 where we bring you the latest cruise news, our weekly podcast, and recent YouTube videos.
1. Carnival Cruise Line took delivery of Mardi Gras, now the newest and largest ever ship in the fleet. While it will be a few months before anyone will be able to sail on it, this is a spark of hope that cruising will be back.
2. Royal Caribbean has sold Empress of the Seas and Majesty of the Seas. The two ships had spent more than 30 years in service with the line. But what’s old is new again, and their sale will make way for newer, more innovative ships.
3. Holland America Line offered a rare promotion this week: a Buy One, Gift One deal. Those who book a balcony cabin or suite will receive a free interior stateroom on the same cruise departure—a great deal for friends or family cruising together.
4. Would-be cruisers and Carnival enthusiasts sent Christmas cards to crew members for Operation Happy Holidays. Fand of Carnival and followers of Brand Ambassador John Heald got together and sent over 10,000 cards to be delivered to crew members in the hopes of spreading some holiday cheer in what has proved to be a trying and difficult year for the cruise industry, especially those working in it.
5. Santa took an early ride out this year—but this time using the first-ever roller at sea instead of his trusty reindeer. With a jolly “Ho Ho Ho!” Santa snuck on board Carnival’s Mardi Gras in the Meyer Turku shipyard in Finland while finishing touches were being put on the ship.
Featured Article: 12 Things to Know Before Sailing Norwegian Cruise Line
Do you really need to make reservations for your dining, entertainment, or other on-board experiences if Norwegian Cruise Lone offers “freestyle” cruising? We answer that and more in this article.
This Week’s Podcast: Cruise Lines Are Talking About Vaccines
In a unique Cruise Radio podcast episode, Doug and Richard discuss what the introduction of a COVID vaccine might mean for the future of cruising.
Featured Video: Carnival Mardi Gras Ship Tour
Curious about Carnival’s newest cruise ship? Watch the video below to see a deck-by-deck virtual tour of what you can expect to see within the 180,000-gross-ton ship.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of July 25, 2021
- Carnival Leads Port Canaveral Return with Mardi Gras Sailing
- Odyssey of the Seas Prepares For Inaugural Cruise
- Your Backstage Pass to Carnival Cruise Line’s VIP Party for Mardi Gras [PHOTOS]
- Viking Resumes Cruises on the Seine and Rhône Rivers in France
- Holland America Takes Delivery of New Flagship
- Royal Caribbean Adds Testing Requirement For All on U.S. Cruises
- Carnival Horizon, a Journey in Photos Day 4: Sea Day, Part 2
- Cruise News Today — July 30, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Everything You Need to Know About Mardi Gras’ Loft 19 and Its Cabanas
BEFORE YOU CRUISE4 days ago
MENU: Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Two Big Changes to Guy Fieri Restaurants on Mardi Gras
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Mexican Port Welcomes First Cruise Ship After 16 Months
EDITORIAL5 days ago
Carnival Cruise Line Offers Sneak Peek of Mardi Gras