Every week we bring you the latest cruise news stories, articles we’ve published, our latest Cruise Radio podcast, and our recent YouTube videos.
Cruise News Brief – September 23, 2018
1. Carnival Horizon arrived at her new home in Miami this week. To celebrate, Carnival CFO (Chief Fun Officer) Shaquille O’Neal got the party going, which included appearances by President Christine Duffy, Brand Ambassador John Heald, Carnival Corp CEO Arnold Donald, and more. Read the full article here.
2. Three cruise lines each made policies changes this week that could affect multi-generational cruising. Norwegian changed its policy on kids in staterooms so that they may be accompanied by an adult in an “adjoining or connected” stateroom instead of only in the same room. Meanwhile, Royal Caribbean cancelled its in-stateroom babysitting program, and Princess Cruises threw shade at rival Virgan Voyages for not allowing guests under 18. Read the full article here.
3. Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings is warning of a significant cruise price hike ahead. As the popularity of cruising continues to increase, so will the costs, warned Frank Del Rio, CEO of the cruise corporation.The price hike will hit as soon as October 1 for the Oceana and Regent brands, and one can only assume that Norwegian Cruise Line itself will follow. Read the full article here.
4. Carnival Cruise Line introduced a new food item at Guy’s Burger Joint: a vegan black bean burger. Carnival also released the recipe as well as directions for how to make the burger at home. Read the full article here.
This Week’s Featured Article: 7 Ways to Save Money on Your Carnival Cruise
Whether it’s skipping the stateroom upgrades or buying the drink package, there are several ways to stay on budget during your Carnival cruise. Read the entire article here.
This Week’s Cruise Podcast: Carnival Fantasy Review
We hear a review of Carnival Fantasy, a ship that hasn’t been featured on the show in a while. As the oldest ship in the fleet at 28 years old, Fantasy is homeported in Mobile, Alabama, and this was a five-night Western Caribbean cruise to Cozumel and Costa Maya, Mexico.
This Week’s YouTube Video: Carnival Liberty Tour 2018
Take a virtual tour of Carnival Liberty, a Conquest-class ship weighing in at just over 110,000 tons. Back in 2011, it became the first ship in the fleet to receive the Fun Ship 2.0 upgrades. It currently sails three- and four-night cruises to the Bahamas and sometimes Princess Cay.
- Why We Cruise Wednesday: Calories Don’t Count
- Carnival Cruise Line Reveals New Party Space, Price Details
- Cruise Radio News Brief | Week of October 13, 2019
- 17 Carnival Cruise Ship Bars and Lounges
- Carnival Cruise Guests React To New Loyalty Gift
- Missing Cruise Workers Cause Major Rule Change
- 2020 Cruise Trends You Need to Know
- Princess Cruises Takes Delivery of Sky Princess
- Why You Should Attend Carnival’s Military Appreciation Gathering
- Royal Caribbean Passenger Kicked Off Ship For Dangerous Selfie
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Missing Cruise Workers Cause Major Rule Change
EDITORIAL3 days ago
Carnival Cruise Guests React To New Loyalty Gift
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Why You Should Attend Carnival’s Military Appreciation Gathering
BEFORE YOU CRUISE2 days ago
17 Carnival Cruise Ship Bars and Lounges
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Princess Cruises Takes Delivery of Sky Princess
CRUISE NEWS22 hours ago
Carnival Cruise Line Reveals New Party Space, Price Details
EDITORIAL4 days ago
2020 Cruise Trends You Need to Know
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Cruise Radio News Brief | Week of October 13, 2019