Every week we bring you the latest cruise news stories, articles we’ve published, our latest Cruise Radio podcast, and our recent YouTube videos.
1. Carnival Cruise Line announced Vanna White as the godmother of the upcoming ship Carnival Panorama. For the Wheel of Fortune hostess, she’s a “big cruiser,” but the honor was even more special for her given her shared love for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital with Carnival.
2. Virgin Voyages announced the name of their second ship: Valiant Lady. Though Virgin’s first ship, Scarlet Lady, has yet to make her official debut, the line announced that Valiant Lady is due to set sail in May 2021.
3. Carnival Panorama is set to debut a new food venue for Carnival when she arrives for her first cruise in Long Beach, California, next month. Rudi’s Seagrill will be a seafood dining venue designed by acclaimed culinary artist Rudi Sodamin, and several dishes will be presented as playful “food faces,” bringing an exciting new dining concept to life.
4. Carnival Cruise Line released more details on “Bolt,” the first-ever roller coaster at sea which will debut on Carnival Mardi Gras. According to Carnival Cruise Line President Christine Duffy, the all-electric, motorcycle-inspired vehicles will race along the track while providing riders with experience-enhancing sound effects – all to enhance the fun.
5. Norwegian Cruise Line threw quite the celebration to welcome its newest ship to the fleet. Held on a gorgeous Miami night, the party included performances by the ship’s godmother Kelly Clarkson as well as the casts of Choir of Man and Kinky Boots. Norwegian Encore marks the final ship in the Breakaway Plus class.
Featured Article: Trip Report: MSC Meraviglia
Read along with Doug as he sails on MSC Meraviglia, one of MSC’s newest ships. Unfortunately, the call to the cruise line’s private island Ocean Cay was cancelled; the brand-new port of call is now slated to open for cruisers on December 5.
Day 1: Embarkation Day
Day 2: MSC Meraviglia Day at Sea
This Week’s Podcast: Allure of the Seas Review
This week we hear a review of Allure of the Seas, one of the largest cruise ships at sea. The seven-night Royal Caribbean cruise visited the Eastern Caribbean, including St. Maarten, San Juan, and Labadee.
Featured Video: Carnival Mardi Gras New Food and Bars
From a new RedFrog Tiki Bar to Shaq’s Big Chicken to the new “Carnival Kitchen,” Carnival Mardi Gras is set to offer some of the best of the best when it comes to Carnival’s restaurants and bars.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of December 1, 2019
- Sky Princess Christened in Fort Lauderdale
- Virgin Voyages’ First Cruise Ship One Step Closer To Completion
- Trip Report: Norwegian Sky – Sea Day
- Cruise Podcast: Disney Magic Review 2019 + Free Casino Cruises
- Trip Report: Norwegian Sky – Embarkation Day
- Cruisers Mourn Passing Of Jack’s Shack Pup Topher
- Guy’s Burger Joint Now Serves Breakfast
- Carnival Sends Another Cruise Ship To California
- Nassau Vows To Fight “Very Real Problem” Of Crime
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Virgin Voyages’ First Cruise Ship One Step Closer To Completion
REVIEWS5 days ago
Trip Report: Norwegian Sky – Embarkation Day
REVIEWS3 days ago
Trip Report: Norwegian Sky – Sea Day
CRUISE PODCAST4 days ago
Cruise Podcast: Disney Magic Review 2019 + Free Casino Cruises
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Sky Princess Christened in Fort Lauderdale
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of December 1, 2019