Welcome to the Cruise Radio News Brief for the Week of November 17, 2019, where we bring you the latest cruise news, our weekly podcast, and recent YouTube videos.
1. Carnival Cruise Line announced Vanna White as the godmother of the upcoming ship Carnival Panorama. For the Wheel of Fortune hostess, she’s a “big cruiser,” but the honor was even more special for her given her shared love for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital with Carnival.
2. Virgin Voyages announced the name of their second ship: Valiant Lady. Though Virgin’s first ship, Scarlet Lady, has yet to make her official debut, the line announced that Valiant Lady is due to set sail in May 2021.
3. Carnival Panorama is set to debut a new food venue for Carnival when she arrives for her first cruise in Long Beach, California, next month. Rudi’s Seagrill will be a seafood dining venue designed by acclaimed culinary artist Rudi Sodamin, and several dishes will be presented as playful “food faces,” bringing an exciting new dining concept to life.
4. Carnival Cruise Line released more details on “Bolt,” the first-ever roller coaster at sea which will debut on Carnival Mardi Gras. According to Carnival Cruise Line President Christine Duffy, the all-electric, motorcycle-inspired vehicles will race along the track while providing riders with experience-enhancing sound effects – all to enhance the fun.
5. Norwegian Cruise Line threw quite the celebration to welcome its newest ship to the fleet. Held on a gorgeous Miami night, the party included performances by the ship’s godmother Kelly Clarkson as well as the casts of Choir of Man and Kinky Boots. Norwegian Encore marks the final ship in the Breakaway Plus class.
Featured Article: Trip Report: MSC Meraviglia
Read along with Doug as he sails on MSC Meraviglia, one of MSC’s newest ships. Unfortunately, the call to the cruise line’s private island Ocean Cay was cancelled; the brand-new port of call is now slated to open for cruisers on December 5.
Day 1: Embarkation Day
Day 2: MSC Meraviglia Day at Sea
This Week’s Podcast: Allure of the Seas Review
This week we hear a review of Allure of the Seas, one of the largest cruise ships at sea. The seven-night Royal Caribbean cruise visited the Eastern Caribbean, including St. Maarten, San Juan, and Labadee.
Featured Video: Carnival Mardi Gras New Food and Bars
From a new RedFrog Tiki Bar to Shaq’s Big Chicken to the new “Carnival Kitchen,” Carnival Mardi Gras is set to offer some of the best of the best when it comes to Carnival’s restaurants and bars.
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 16, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]