Welcome to the Cruise Radio News Brief for the Week of November 17, 2019, where we bring you the latest cruise news, our weekly podcast, and recent YouTube videos.
1. Carnival Cruise Line announced Vanna White as the godmother of the upcoming ship Carnival Panorama. For the Wheel of Fortune hostess, she’s a “big cruiser,” but the honor was even more special for her given her shared love for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital with Carnival.
2. Virgin Voyages announced the name of their second ship: Valiant Lady. Though Virgin’s first ship, Scarlet Lady, has yet to make her official debut, the line announced that Valiant Lady is due to set sail in May 2021.
3. Carnival Panorama is set to debut a new food venue for Carnival when she arrives for her first cruise in Long Beach, California, next month. Rudi’s Seagrill will be a seafood dining venue designed by acclaimed culinary artist Rudi Sodamin, and several dishes will be presented as playful “food faces,” bringing an exciting new dining concept to life.
4. Carnival Cruise Line released more details on “Bolt,” the first-ever roller coaster at sea which will debut on Carnival Mardi Gras. According to Carnival Cruise Line President Christine Duffy, the all-electric, motorcycle-inspired vehicles will race along the track while providing riders with experience-enhancing sound effects – all to enhance the fun.
5. Norwegian Cruise Line threw quite the celebration to welcome its newest ship to the fleet. Held on a gorgeous Miami night, the party included performances by the ship’s godmother Kelly Clarkson as well as the casts of Choir of Man and Kinky Boots. Norwegian Encore marks the final ship in the Breakaway Plus class.
Featured Article: Trip Report: MSC Meraviglia
Read along with Doug as he sails on MSC Meraviglia, one of MSC’s newest ships. Unfortunately, the call to the cruise line’s private island Ocean Cay was cancelled; the brand-new port of call is now slated to open for cruisers on December 5.
Day 1: Embarkation Day
Day 2: MSC Meraviglia Day at Sea
This Week’s Podcast: Allure of the Seas Review
This week we hear a review of Allure of the Seas, one of the largest cruise ships at sea. The seven-night Royal Caribbean cruise visited the Eastern Caribbean, including St. Maarten, San Juan, and Labadee.
Featured Video: Carnival Mardi Gras New Food and Bars
From a new RedFrog Tiki Bar to Shaq’s Big Chicken to the new “Carnival Kitchen,” Carnival Mardi Gras is set to offer some of the best of the best when it comes to Carnival’s restaurants and bars.
- Norwegian Cruise Line Addresses Ship-Selling Rumors
- Unpaid Crew Members File Lawsuit Against Cruise Line
- Norwegian Cruise Line Reveals Timeline, Details On Return
- 21 Haunting Images of Carnival Inspiration’s Final Day
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of August 2, 2020
- Mediterranean Cruises Resume From Italy On August 15
- Disney Cancels More Sailings, Axes Halloween on the High Seas
- In Memory of Stormin’ Norm, Everyone’s Favorite Cruiser
- Fresh Air HVAC System Could Make Cruise Ships Safer
- Cruise Podcast: Sit Down With Carnival Corporation CEO Arnold Donald
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
In Memory of Stormin’ Norm, Everyone’s Favorite Cruiser
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
21 Haunting Images of Carnival Inspiration’s Final Day
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Reveals Timeline, Details On Return
CRUISE NEWS17 hours ago
Unpaid Crew Members File Lawsuit Against Cruise Line